Padd Solutions

Converted by Falcon Hive


Still a busy bee ;-) 

However, I had a few free hours today, so I grabbed my camera (for the first time since the resevoir!) and headed out to take a few snaps. It was hot as hell... okay, 26'c isn't as hot as hell, but I was wearing black. :-P

^ Honda Accord freshness.

^ That water looked mighty tempting for a quick dip in the heat

^ Some crazy mofos were playing basketball. It was too HOT x_X

^ The shade of the trees was welcome

^A sea of bicycles and scooters outside one of the many malls

^ This Civic looked pretty tidy hanging out down a relatively narrow side-street.

^ A Hyundai Coupé is like a Ferrari around these parts. :-P

^ A rover 75! Well, re-badged as... something... and housing a 2.5 litre V6. Oh, and no license plates, no doubt to hide the shame. :)

^ An air-conditioned Mondeo looked like a good place to be

^ I still love these half-bike, half-pickups :)

As stated before, everything in China is grouped together. All the shoe shops are in one mall. All the BBQ restaurants are on one street, etc, etc. Well, I decided to walk down car-street. Every petrol station in the town is on one road, as well as practically every mechanic. The whole street is car-related, it's epic.
It's also a display of Chinese clever-thinking, in that the street was relatively dead in the day. At night, the street is so busy, but if you're stuff is getting fixed in the day, you can't earn money with it. Still saw quite a few trucks in various states of (dis)repair.

^ Like I say, it was HOT. Naked sweaty dudes :(

^ Haha, now thats what I call a tyre shop.

^ Below most of these trucks are hand-dug inspection pits. Reminded me of home!

^ This lonely crane-truck was overlooking a wasteland of rubble with the city in the distance. I thought it looked pretty cool.

^ Not the most glamorous auto-parts store ever...

^ Oh, turns out this street also had a huge chunk of bee-hives! or maybe they were wasps... I dunno, I was just walking along when I noticed a bunch of things flying around me, I looked 5 meters to my right, and saw the above. eek!

^ Bzzzzzzzzz!

^ Even mini-vans need love

^ I then climbed up onto the railway bridge and took a photo down car-street. At night there's trucks double-parked on either side.

^ Apparently these train tracks are "seldom" used. I'd like to know just how "seldom" they're used... especially when I'm lying on them taking photos...

^ *insert some witty comment about the differences between UK and Chinese rails...*

^ I-16!

^ Bit of a dump :p

^ Jonny-Five is alive!!!!! Oh no. Just surveyor stuff. :(

^ Super-narrow gateway. No fat people allowed.

^ 1/2 !!!!

^ More construction stuffffff.

^ Hahaha. Best road ever. 
^ The three-wheel'd pickups in the previous post. Well, this is what they look like when they're abndoned and burnt-out.

^ :(

^ Ah, the trusty P-950A... a personal favourite.

^ Some sort of.... thing, being.... built.

^ Skies were hella-blue! ( They're normally what Dulux would call pollution grey. )


^ Finally, a Mazda 6 looking the hawtness on the street

:-)

(0) Comments

Post a Comment