Padd Solutions

Converted by Falcon Hive

( Bad quality camera-phone pictures, click to embiggen )

BUSY!

Psssshhh. I really, really, really wanted to make an April fool's post... didn't even have time for that yesterday. :(

So, this is going to be a super jumbled update, expect no order or sense.


^ A hen just chilling out in our apartment complex...

^ Okay... so, lets play a game. Lets call this game, guess what building I'm in. Okay... payment booths... looks a bit grotty.... train station?

^ Hmmm, the lobby.  Very industrial, very abandoned. A prison?

^ Hmmm... disgustingly dirty floor.

^ Filthy floors, filthy doors, what is this abandoned place?

^ Oh wait. There's Tim in this disgusting room. And whats that? Oh yes, he has a drip in his arm, and is grabbing his stomache in pain. Oh!!! That's right! This place is a HOSPITAL.

^ MMmmmmm... look at that nice swelling from the I.V. Gotta love infections.

^ Tim looking slightly less dead. Dumi and Aya trying to work shiz out.

So... yeah. Both Tim and Dumi have been in hospitals the past week. We foreign teachers are dropping like flies. I have a bit of a flu, but I'm coping fine. The thought of staying out of hospital keeps me strong.

Been hanging out at the university a lot, skating there and hanging out with new friends. Speaking of which:

^ Beryl. Yes, Beryl. She hates her English name, and wants me to think of a new one for her, but... naming your friend... I dunno, thats just wierd.

^ Fran. Modestly went into a music room claiming she could play a tiny, tiny bit of piano, then busted out a bunch of music. Very talented!

^ Went to the supermarket with Fran and bought so much random crap. Inlcuding a pineapple. Dude at the supermarket then prepares it for you. I named it Harry. He was delicious! (and about 40p!)

^ Then I went to the cyber café with Coco. The cyber café was totally, totally awesome. Split into sections, with specific sections for MMORPG raid parties. Sections for only girls (full of chicks watching korean soap operas over the Chinese equivilent of YouTube), sections for just general web surfing, and sections for general gaming. It was pretty smoke-filled, but I was really, really loving the vibe in there. Super comfy chairs, relatively good PCs, and loads of people playing loads of games.

^ The other half of the big room. This was the general-gaming area. I hope to get pics of the other areas some time, as this place was huuuuge.

^ Coco! Playing counter-strike 1.6 with me. Very strange being invited to a cybercafé to play counter-strike with a chick.

^ Too many people at the university know me know. I was skating away from the university and Beryl saw me and started shouting from the window. This particular university building is about 7 stories. I still need to make a post about the university. It's HUGE!


^ One of the new restaurants I've been frequenting. Some of the best sweet and sour pork in town. We call it the green restaurant. Partly because we can't read the sign outside, partly because its all green inside.

^ That green thing is actually a pancake, similar to the pancakes we have duck in at English-Cantonese restaurants. The stuff inside is a bit like a curry. Pretty tasty!

(2) Comments

  1. nadmai On 2 April 2009 at 22:34

    Can we recommend replacement english names for Beryl?

    Kitty
    Robin
    Lola (hmm maybe not on reflection)
    Hanna
    Dawn

     
    Joe On 3 April 2009 at 00:12

    They're supposed to be *better* than "Beryl", not worse. :-p

     

Post a Comment