Padd Solutions

Converted by Falcon Hive

Wow. What a day.

Today so much happened, I can't possibly cover it one blog post. So this post is going to be a preview...or a table of contents / index of the blog posts to come. I need to go out and get some food, then I may have some energy to start the blogging.

Yesterday I took 534 photos. To put it in perspective... when I went to Xi'an previously and posted a crap load of photos... that day I only took 195.

Also... Picassa allows me to set photos as "Favourites" - something I normally save for particularly good shots. Picassa tells me that in the past, I've favourited just 4% of my photos. Today, I favourited 23%. I took a lot of cool photos. I wish I'd have had my tripod at night... but I just did what I could.

So, here's 10 randomly chosen snaps that more or less represent the day. I'll add fully fledged posts for each part of the day later. :)

^ A relaxing start to the day. Me sitting on my balcony.

^ We went for a huge walk around Shanghai in the morning / midday.

^ Including visiting the old part of shanghai, which also had some newly-build old-looking buildings which were a huge draw for tourists - especially Chinese tourists, which I found suprising.

^ Then Nanjing road. The main shopping street for Shanghai.

^ Then we set off on another adventure at night.

^ And ended up accross the river, downtown Shanghai. Skyscraper territory.

^ That thing on the left. Totally went to the top of it. ( Shanghai World Financial Centre )

^ The building at the bottom is the building that was on the right in the previous photo. That may help with a sense of just how freakin' high 471 meters is.

^ Going at night was awesome. It was foggy, but its foggy all the time here. However, the best thing was just how empty it was. Most of the time we had the highest observation deck in the world - all to ourselves.


^ The TV tower disappearing into the mist.

So there. Hella crazy day, I'll try get the follow-up posts done ASAP!

(0) Comments

Post a Comment