Padd Solutions

Converted by Falcon Hive

So, woke up at 7:00am having packed most my stuff the night before. 7:30am got in the taxi and headed to the airport. Got there early and was confused when I couldn't see any "Shanghai" flights on the departure board... then I realised it's called "Pudong" in China. Meh, I still prefer Shanghai.
Landed in Shanghai at about 12:30, then got to our hotel and checked in at about 14:30. The price for a room on the front desk is 1050RMB - about £105/night! Thanks to expedia, we payed less than £35 a night. I got a room on the 18th floor, Tim on the 15th. Here are some shots of my room:

Pretty smartly decorated. Minimalist / smart.

The bathroom is cleaner than mine back in Weinan. :P


The view off my balcony. The two big buildings are identical to the one i'm in. There's about 5-6 identical buildings that make up the hotel complex.



Tim enjoying an ice cream at a bar in Shanghai. :D

Our friend from Weinan, Pinky. He's at university just down the road from us in Shanghai, so we met up for some beers and a chit chat.

I took my hat off for this photo...really should have kept it on >_<

Got home to take some pictures from the balcony and saw someone swimming in the pool! Hahaha.

Random buildings with random lights. Random China. 

An interesting looking building just east of our hotel. The light on top is really impressive, and you can see it from quite far.... but they turn it off at 21:40... just as I was taking pictures of it.


and a shot of me in my current office. Typical China - the power point is on one side of the room, the ethernet jack on the other... so I can't use either of my room's desks... so I have to ghetto-it-up on my bed, halfway between the two.

More pictures / a better blog post tomorrow. Just wanted to throw up these pictures quickly.

(0) Comments

Post a Comment