Padd Solutions

Converted by Falcon Hive

Wednesday 18th

Again, no school - w00t! It was a really, really nice day, so met up with my new friend from the university and walked around town and generally lounged around in the sun. It was 27'c and awesomeness. In the afternoon I met up with Dwayne, who had just bumped into one of his friends / fellow Aston teacher Maggie. We all went to eat until we were fit to burst. In the evening, more skating. It was far, far too hot to skate. I was sweating buckets wearing just a long-sleeve t-shirt. If this is March, June is going to be something else. After skating I took a cab up to the university to hang out with a friend, got home around 11:30pm. I think the whole of wednesday I spent less than 5minutes at my laptop. Anyone who knows me will find this shocking. :-P

Thursday 19th

Back to school, my two days off went so quickly. Taught the same lesson 8 times to 8 different classes of kids. At lunch Myself, Rob, Tim and Aya grabbed some food together. We went to the dumpling restaurant as they had various fried rice dishes on their menu, but then they said they didn't have any. *sigh.* I seriously wasn't in the mood for dumplings, so I ran down the road and grabbed a double cheeseburger meal, and took it back to the dumpling restaurant to eat it with the others. Best food I've ever eaten at a dumpling restaurant. In the afternoon back to Beitang for the final 3 of my 8 lessons. Then after that headed back to Aston for my first Chinese lesson. Oh my God, Chinese is just toooooo hard. Just when I think I'm getting the hang of something, somebody says it at full-speed and my brain just doesn't even bother trying to understand it, and a dumb expression just crawls across my face. Anyone who knows me, wont find this shocking, but please, don't laugh too hard. :-(
After that met up with Rob for a beer at his place, then him, myself and Dumi went to grab some food. Nothing fancy, just our usual small restaurant, but damn we practicaly licked our plates clean. Thursday...finally a day of no skating. :-O I ended up heading to the university to help my new friend study some English. I walked home from the university as is coming a tradition. The whole of Weinan's street system is an American-esque grid of blocks, but walking perfectly straight through a town or city just feels strange compared to England. I walked the ~1.5 miles in 30minutes, it was nice and warm with a cooling breeze. Very relaxing. Made it home just before midnight and managed to do some lesson planning before climbing into bed.

(0) Comments

Post a Comment