Padd Solutions

Converted by Falcon Hive

Well, that was an interesting day!

Spent half the day trying to get my damn money that I'd had transfered over from the UK. The money was originally sent to tide me over until pay day, but it took so long to get the money, it's almost pay day now! The irony being that the money was at my bank the day after it was sent, but for some reason they don't know if you actually want them to put it into your account (desipite explicit instructions to do so.) So I went down to the bank and said "Yes, please put the X dollars into my account."

So they did.

Literally.

I had American dollars sitting in my Chinese bank account. Unable to get them out in Chinese yuan, and the bank didnt even have enough US currency to give me the greenbacks. Then I needed to fill in a form to get in converted to Chinese money, and of course then I needed my passport; which I don't have because it's been sent off for my residents permit, etc, etc, etc.

Eventually I got my money, and all is well in the world.

Found quite a nice restaurant for lunch, the owner brought some turtle soup over to us which was quite nice! I didn't think I'd like that at all!
After that we went shopping with my new found fortune. I just went around buying all the stupid looking small things I'd wanted to try, but felt bad borrowing money from Tim to purchase. As you can see below, I spent wisely.



That thing in the pink packaging.... powdered pork meat. I'll let you know how that goes down. So far I've only tried the things in the green box, but they get two thumbs up.

In the evening we bumped into our skater friends again and did another few hours of skating. I borrowed a guy's skates and lent him my shoes. He seemed over the moon at my genuine DCs, hahaha. Eventually he had to go home, so I got my shoes back and he got his skates. The remaining skaters frantically phoned their friends looking for another pair of skates for me to borrow, they wanted me to go for a high-speed skate all through the streets of Weinan.
This sounds incredibly awesome, but stupidly dangerous. Natually I told them I'd join them for that on Friday. :D Can't wait.

Off to Xi'an for my Aston training tomorrow. I'll be staying in a hotel there overnight, but I have a feeling that I'll have internet access there! (I'm currently writing this from said hotel.) But, as always you'll have to tune in tomorrow to find out how all that was.

Cya! :D

(0) Comments

Post a Comment