Padd Solutions

Converted by Falcon Hive

Oh my gawd.

Fridays have just become the hardest day of the week. While everyone else in the world says "T.G.I.F", I hold my head in sorrow.

Classes of 60, 7 year old students. 2 hour class length. Learning material that they already know off by heart. Trying to keep their attention is impossible. Argh! I started badly; I assumed all the learning material would be new for them, and would take us ages to go through. Instead they blitzed through it in 10minutes, leaving me with 110 minutes to keep them entertained. I played the hell out of Simon Says. I already had a sore throat, and the day totally polished it off. Thankfuly Tim and Dumi suffer too, so we can all bitch about it together.

Finished Batong at midday though, it was a lovely day, the sky was actually blue! I went for a random walk around the city, grabbed an ice cream and just wondered the streets. Came back to my place for an afternoon nap to try sleep off the cold a little bit.

In the evening I had my English corner. English corner is an hour-long "lesson" where you can teach the kids whatever you want. It can be about language, culture or anything. My English corner was open for the C6-C9 students (fairly advanced English) and it was a sell-out. I showed them a bunch of photos from back home, and answered questions about life in England. Finished it off with some tongue-twisters. Listening to Chinese people doing tongue twisters was hilarious.

P.S: Excuse the sloppy / boring nature of these recent blog posts. Normal service will resume when this cold subsides.

(0) Comments

Post a Comment